Welcome!

Writing to me is like breathing to others, it just comes naturally. I used to send everyone in my family "updates" which is essentially what this blog is, so please enjoy an update of my crazy, totally unexplainable, yet perfectly acceptable life. :)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Standing Under my Own Cloud of Rain

Lately, I've been feeling a little under the weather. After talking to my mom on the first day, I was concerned with having diabetes, a disease that runs in my family and is a possibility. Day two, feeling worse and acquiring a sore throat, I thought that I had mono. I visited a friend over break who had mono, so it could have been mono. Day three was the ever dreadful Monday and I was supposed to go to my meat cutting class, but felt too terrible, so I spent my day sleeping. I finally woke up and went to the school nurse only to find out that I had a virus! And while most people would say terrible, I say yay! I am not a diabetic nor do I have mono! I'm just sick! Go for the silver lining! 
But I did find out something I've been dealing with for a long time. I've been having food allergies for quite some time, I just never knew what they were. I knew it had something to do with the oils used in the food and sometimes I have problems eating cereal. Not to mention anything remotely close to fiber means problems are on their way. Mentioning this to the nurse (thinking it would help her solve my loss in appetite), she then informed that I may have a gluten problem. GLUTEN FREE DIET HERE I COME! Just not too fast because it's hard. :) I'll let you know how that goes... 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the Gluten Free thing. I'm not even sure what all it entails.

    ReplyDelete